Harrods, the world-renowned department store in London, is a must-visit destination for many tourists and locals alike. However, once you’ve explored the iconic store and its impressive selection of goods, you may be wondering what else there is to see and do in the area.
Fortunately, there are plenty of fantastic attractions and activities just a stone’s throw away from Harrods. In this post, we’ll highlight some of the top things to do near Harrods, from exploring beautiful gardens and museums to indulging in delicious food and drink.
So, whether you’re a first-time visitor to London or a seasoned local looking for new adventures, read on to discover the best ways to spend your time around Harrods.
Places To Visit Near Harrods
Further below we have also mapped out all the attractions near Harrods to make it easier to find them.
Shopping on Brompton Road
Brompton Road is one of Knightsbridge’s most popular shopping destinations, featuring a wide range of high-end stores and luxury brands.
Whether you’re looking for designer clothing, luxury accessories, or the latest in technology, Brompton Road has something for everyone.
This vast green space is just a short walk from Harrods and is one of London’s most famous parks.
You can take a stroll through Hyde Park, rent a pedal boat on the Serpentine Lake, or visit one of the park’s many landmarks such as the Diana Memorial Fountain or the Serpentine Gallery.
Also known as the Wellington Museum, Apsley House is among the beautiful stately homes worth visiting in London. It is a stunning neoclassical mansion that once belonged to the Duke of Wellington.
It’s located just a few minutes’ walk from Harrods and is home to an impressive collection of art, furniture, and military memorabilia.
The Bulgari Spa
If you’re in the mood for some pampering London has plenty of amazing spas many of which are within these cool hotels with spas we covered on the blog.
One that should be on top of your list is the Bulgari Spa, which is located in the Bulgari Hotel, just a short walk from Harrods. This luxurious spa offers a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps.
This historic palace is the birthplace of Queen Victoria and was the childhood home of Princess Diana. It’s located in nearby Kensington Gardens and is open to the public, so you can explore the palace’s state apartments and gardens.
Shopping on Sloane Street
If you’re looking to do some high-end shopping, Sloane Street is just a short walk from Harrods. This famous shopping street is home to designer brands such as Chanel, Dior, and Gucci, as well as a range of luxury boutiques and independent shops.
Shopping in Pavillion Road’s Independent Shops
Just a short walk from Harrods, Pavillion Road is home to a variety of independent shops, including luxury fashion boutiques, artisanal food shops, and independent homeware stores.
From designer fashion to artisanal cheese, Pavillion Road has something for everyone. While you are here be sure to also check out King’s Road.
Victoria and Albert Museum
One of the world’s most prestigious art and design museums, the Victoria and Albert Museum is just a short tube ride or walk from Harrods.
The museum features an extensive collection of decorative art and design, including furniture, fashion, and textiles. It’s a must-visit for anyone interested in design and art history.
Natural History Museum
Also located just a short walk from Harrods, the Natural History Museum is one of London’s most popular museums.
The museum features a vast collection of natural history specimens, including dinosaur skeletons, fossils, and taxidermy animals. It’s a great destination for families with children or anyone interested in natural history.
If contemporary art is your thing, be sure to visit the Saatchi Gallery in Sloane Square, one of London’s famous squares.
The gallery features exhibitions of contemporary art from around the world, including painting, sculpture, and installations. The gallery is always free to enter, making it a great destination for art lovers on a budget.
If you’re looking for a night out, head to Cadogan Hall for a live performance of music or theater. The venue features a variety of performances throughout the year, from classical music concerts to comedy shows.
Holy Trinity Church
Located just a short walk from Harrods is one of London’s beautiful churches. Holy Trinity Church is a beautiful Anglican church that dates back to the 19th century.
The church features stunning stained glass windows and a peaceful garden area. It’s a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of Knightsbridge for a moment of reflection.
A short tube ride or walk from Harrods, Buckingham Palace is one of London’s most iconic landmarks. Visitors can explore the palace’s state rooms, gardens, and art collections.
Be sure to catch the Changing of the Guard ceremony, which takes place daily during the summer months.
Royal Albert Hall
One of London’s most prestigious concert venues, the Royal Albert Hall hosts a wide range of performances throughout the year, from classical music to rock concerts.
If you’re looking for a memorable evening out, be sure to check out what’s on at the Royal Albert Hall during your visit.
Duke of York Square
Located just a short walk from Harrods, Duke of York Square is a bustling outdoor shopping and dining destination.
The square features a variety of boutique shops and cafes, as well as a weekly artisan food market. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon browsing and sampling local delicacies.
Places To Eat Near Harrods
Harrods is one of London’s most iconic shopping destinations, but it’s also home to a wide range of dining options. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a more leisurely dining experience, there are plenty of great places to eat near Harrods. Here are five of the best:
- The Georgian Restaurant – Located on the fourth floor of Harrods, The Georgian Restaurant is a stunning, opulent dining room that offers a traditional British menu. Diners can enjoy classic dishes like afternoon tea, fish and chips, and roast beef, as well as a selection of fine wines and champagne.
- Zuma – A short walk from Harrods, Zuma is a contemporary Japanese restaurant that offers an extensive menu of sushi, sashimi, and other Japanese specialties. The restaurant features a sleek, modern interior and a lively atmosphere, making it a great destination for a night out.
- The Good Earth – If you’re in the mood for Chinese cuisine, The Good Earth is a great option. This stylish restaurant serves a range of Cantonese dishes, including dim sum, crispy duck, and stir-fried noodles. The restaurant also offers a selection of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Da Mario – If you’re craving Italian food, Da Mario is a cozy trattoria that offers a range of classic Italian dishes, including pasta, pizza, and seafood. The restaurant’s relaxed atmosphere and friendly service make it a popular destination for both locals and tourists.
- Amaya – Another great option for Indian cuisine, Amaya offers a contemporary take on traditional Indian dishes. The restaurant’s menu features a range of grilled meats and seafood, as well as a variety of vegetarian options. Diners can also enjoy a selection of Indian-inspired cocktails and mocktails.
Overall, there are plenty of great places to eat near Harrods, no matter what type of cuisine you’re in the mood for. From traditional British fare to contemporary Japanese cuisine, you’re sure to find something delicious to enjoy in this vibrant neighborhood.
Map Of Things To Do Near Harrods
Overall, the area around Harrods has plenty to offer visitors, from world-class museums to independent shops and cultural venues. Whether you’re in the mood for shopping, culture, or entertainment, there’s something for everyone in Knightsbridge.
Overall, there are plenty of things to do near Harrods, whether you’re in the mood for shopping, culture, or relaxation. So why not take some time to explore this fascinating part of London?
Overall, Knightsbridge is a great destination for anyone looking to experience the best of London’s culture, shopping, and entertainment. Whether you’re interested in historic landmarks or cutting-edge fashion, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant neighborhood.
Where To Stay Close To Harrods
If you’re planning a visit to London and looking for a place to stay near Harrods, there are plenty of great options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a luxury hotel or a more affordable option, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant neighborhood. Here are five of the best places to stay near Harrods:
- The Bulgari Hotel London – This luxury hotel is located just a short walk from Harrods and offers elegant rooms and suites, a spa and wellness center, and a Michelin-starred restaurant. Guests can also enjoy the hotel’s private cinema and stunning rooftop bar with panoramic views of the city.
- The Berkeley – Located just across the street from Harrods, The Berkeley is a stylish and sophisticated hotel that offers a range of luxurious accommodations, including suites with private balconies and views of Hyde Park. The hotel also features a rooftop pool, a Michelin-starred restaurant, and a trendy bar and lounge.
- The Hari – This boutique hotel is just a five-minute walk from Harrods and offers stylish rooms and suites with plush furnishings and modern amenities. Guests can enjoy the hotel’s chic bar and lounge, as well as its prime location in the heart of Knightsbridge.
- The Rembrandt – If you’re looking for a more affordable option, The Rembrandt is a great choice. This traditional hotel is located just a short walk from Harrods and offers comfortable rooms and suites, as well as a range of amenities, including a fitness center and a restaurant.
- The Egerton House Hotel – This charming boutique hotel is located just a few blocks from Harrods and offers elegant rooms and suites with unique furnishings and decor. The hotel also features a cozy lounge and bar, as well as a charming private garden.
Overall, there are plenty of great places to stay near Harrods, no matter what your budget or preferences may be. From luxury hotels to more affordable options, you’re sure to find the perfect accommodations for your London vacation.