Things To Do In Trafalgar Square And Nearby
- Explore the beautiful Trafalgar Square fountains.
- Take a picture with the Trafalgar Square Lions.
- Take a tour of the art in The National Gallery. The National Gallery have made visits easier by proposing three different routes – the A, B or C. This makes a visit there more manageable. One of the best art museums located in the heart of London at the famous Trafalgar square. You have to book tickets in advance online, however, entry is totally free and in case of non rush hours they do not even check your tickets which mean you don’t have to stand in queue as well. In addition to the portraits and the paintings the architecture of the gallery from the inside is really wonderful. Recommended for a long visit for art lovers but even if you are not an art lover – still recommended for a quick visit if you’re in Trafalgar Square.
- Visit Piccadilly Circus Nearby. A lively place in London where everything is happening at once so keep your camera out and capture some lovely scenes of this famous location. Every direction from Piccardilly Circus will take you to an attraction. Be aware of pickpockets thieves operating in crowded places. Piccadilly is the heart of London with a lot of tourists attractions, restaurants, cafes, bars, theatres, casinos, clubs n everything u can imagine for ur entertainment. So ready to enjoy.
- Check out the busy Covent Garden Market and see outdoor performances.
- Visit Regents Street and Oxford Street nearby for a little retail therapy.
- Check out St Martin-in-the-Field Church just a few meters from Trafalgar Square. St Martins-in-the-Fields is a hidden gem just off Trafalgar Square – hidden in plain sight almost. It’s an old subterranean crypt under St Martin’s church, which can be accessed via lift or small staircase, which descends to a lovely space. Here you will find a shop, brass rubbings centre, performance space and cafe, all under the spectacular crypt ceilings that would have housed the city’s departed many moons ago. The cafe and seating area is huge, food and drink selection good and there are public toilets here too so it’s a good place in central London to take a pit stop if needed.
- Visit the only the world’s only remaining Franklin home, with live period performances plus science and study centres. They offer tours around the grade 1 list property near Trafalgar Square. Just off Leicester Square you will also find the famous M&M store.
- Check out Leicester Square – The bustling square founded in 1670 featuring a small park, statues of film characters & major cinemas.
- Explore China Town just around the corner from Trafalgar Square. Colourful area with dozens of Chinese eateries, shops & ornate landmarks such as Chinatown Gate.
Must See Museums Near Trafalgar Square
- National Gallery
- Portrait Gallery
- Benjamin Franklin House
- Museum of Happiness
- Household of Calvary Museum
- British Optical Association Museum
- Churchill War Rooms
Staying Nearby | Trafalgar Square Hotels
Where to stay Near Trafalgar Square