Last Updated on 17 May, 2023
Greenwich is a beautiful and historic borough located in Southeast London, known for its stunning architecture, rich maritime heritage, and cultural landmarks such as the Royal Observatory, Queen’s House and the Cutty Sark.
The area is also home to a diverse range of shops, boutiques, and markets, making it a fantastic destination for shoppers.
Greenwich offers a mix of high street and independent retailers, selling everything from fashion and accessories to homeware and gifts.
You can explore lively markets such as the Greenwich Market and the Greenwich Vintage Market, which are perfect for browsing unique vintage clothing, antiques, and crafts. There’s also a range of artisanal food markets, including the famous Borough Market.
Among the many cool things to do in Greenwich is shopping. For high street shopping, head to the Greenwich Shopping Park, which features a range of popular chain stores such as Next, TK Maxx, and Sainsbury’s.
The nearby Charlton Shopping Centre also offers a range of big-name stores and services, including a large Marks & Spencer’s.
The area also boasts a range of specialist stores, such as the cheese shop Androuet, the bookshop Waterstones, and the music store Casbah Records. There are plenty of stylish boutiques and designer stores, including the popular independent fashion store Wolf & Badger.
Overall, Greenwich offers a unique and diverse shopping experience, combining historic charm with contemporary style. Whether you’re looking for vintage finds, high street favorites, or unique souvenirs, Greenwich has something for everyone. Below is a guide to shopping in Greenwich.
Best Places For Shopping In Greenwich And Nearby
Shopping Centres In Greenwich
The O2 Centre – The O2 shopping center in Greenwich, London is a large indoor shopping mall located within the O2 Arena entertainment complex. It offers a range of popular high street fashion brands, restaurants, cafes, and a cinema. The mall is easily accessible by public transport, including the Jubilee Line on the London Underground and the Emirates Air Line cable car.
Address: 255 Peninsula Square, London SE10 0DX, United Kingdom
Greenwich Shopping Park – Greenwich Shopping Park is an outdoor retail park located in Charlton, London. It offers a variety of large retail stores, including Next, TK Maxx, and Sports Direct, as well as several popular food and beverage outlets. The park is easily accessible by car, with ample free parking available, and is also served by several bus routes.
Address: Bugsby’s Way, London SE7 7ST, United Kingdom
Lewisham Shopping Centre – Lewisham Shopping Centre is an indoor shopping mall located in the town center of Lewisham, southeast London.
It offers a variety of high street stores, including H&M, Primark, and JD Sports, as well as a food court and a multi-screen cinema. The mall is easily accessible by public transport, with Lewisham train station and several bus routes in close proximity.
Address: Molesworth St, London SE13 7EP, United Kingdom
Cutty Sark Shopping Centre – Cutty Sark Shopping Centre is a small indoor shopping mall located in the heart of Greenwich, southeast London. It offers a variety of shops, cafes, and restaurants, including a Tesco supermarket and a Boots pharmacy.
The mall is located within walking distance of several notable attractions, such as the Cutty Sark ship museum and the National Maritime Museum. It is easily accessible by public transport, with several bus routes and the DLR Cutty Sark station located nearby.
Address: 6-7 Cutty Sark Gardens, London SE10 9HT, United Kingdom
Surrey Quays Shopping Centre – Surrey Quays Shopping Centre is an indoor shopping mall located in the Rotherhithe area of southeast London.
It offers a range of high street stores, including River Island, Boots, and The Body Shop, as well as a food court and a cinema. The mall is easily accessible by public transport, with Canada Water tube and overground station located nearby, as well as several bus routes serving the area.
The shopping centre also features a car park with over 40 spaces available for shoppers.
Address: Redriff Rd, London SE16 7LL,
Greenwich Shopping Area And High Streets
- Greenwich High Road: Located in the heart of Greenwich, this high street is lined with a variety of shops, cafes, and restaurants. The street is pedestrianized, making it a pleasant place to walk around and explore.
- Eltham High Street: This historic high street is home to a range of independent shops and well-known chain stores, as well as cafes and restaurants. Eltham High Street is a busy shopping street located in the suburb of Eltham, southeast London. It offers a range of local independent shops, cafes, and restaurants, as well as larger chain stores such as Sainsbury’s and Boots. The high street is easily accessible by public transport, with several bus routes running through the area and Eltham train station located nearby.
- Woolwich Town Centre: This bustling town centre offers a range of shops, from high-street brands to local independent stores. The street is also home to a large shopping mall, the Woolwich Centre.
- Blackheath Village: Blackheath Village is an affluent suburban area located in southeast London. This picturesque high street is home to a range of boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants. The street is pedestrianized, making it a pleasant place to stroll around and soak up the atmosphere. It is known for its picturesque open heathland, historic architecture, and village-like atmosphere. The area offers a range of independent shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as several notable landmarks, such as the All Saints Church and the Grade II listed Blackheath Halls. Blackheath Village is easily accessible by public transport, with Blackheath train station and several bus routes serving the area.
- Lee Green High Street: This up-and-coming high street offers a range of independent shops and cafes, as well as a weekly farmers’ market.
Markets In Greenwich
- Greenwich Market: Located in the heart of Greenwich, this historic market features arts, crafts, antiques, and food stalls. The market is open every day and offers a variety of unique and handmade items. Among the best markets in South London.
- Woolwich Market: Located in the town centre of Woolwich, this market has been running for over 400 years. The market offers a variety of goods, including fresh produce, clothing, and household items.
- Eltham Market: Located on Eltham High Street, this market offers fresh produce, household goods, and clothing. The market is open every day except Monday.
- Greenwich Peninsula Market: Located in North Greenwich, this market offers street food, craft beer, and live music. The market is open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Thames-Side Studios Open Studios and Arts Market: Located in Woolwich, this market features the work of local artists and craftspeople. The market is open twice a year, in June and December.
- Blackheath Farmers’ Market: Located in Blackheath, this market offers a variety of fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and baked goods. The market is open every Sunday.
- Royal Arsenal Farmers’ Market: Located in Woolwich, this market offers a range of locally-sourced produce, including fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, and baked goods. The market is open on the second and last Saturday of each month.
Independent Shops In Greenwich
- Olive Loves Alfie: This charming boutique on St John’s Hill sells a range of children’s clothing, toys, and accessories. The store also hosts regular events and workshops for kids.
- A Portuguese Love Affair: This boutique on Trafalgar Road sells a range of traditional Portuguese products, from ceramics to canned fish. The store also offers food and wine tastings.
- Arty Globe by Cachao: This boutique on Creek Road sells unique hand-painted globes, as well as prints, posters, and other artistic items. The store also offers workshops and custom designs.
- The Cheeseboard: This small shop on Royal Hill sells a wide range of artisanal cheeses, as well as crackers, chutneys, and other cheese-related products.
- Nomad Books: This independent bookshop on the Old York Road sells a range of new and secondhand books, as well as cards and stationery. The store also hosts regular author events and book clubs.
- The Contemporary Wardrobe Collection: This boutique on Greenwich Church Street sells high-end vintage clothing and accessories, including designer pieces from the 1920s to the 1990s.