Last Updated on 22 November, 2023
Whether you are a Londoner or a visitor exploring London, you will love the amazing offering from Borough Market.
You can eat your way through, Spain, Italy, France, the UK and many other nations. So, after you have woofed your way through your weight in food you may want to get yourself or a loved one a Borough Market gift box.
Amazing Gifs From Borough Market For Loved Ones
Below are some of the gifts you can buy for yourself or for loved ones in Borough Market.
Some of these can be purchased on Borough Market’s online website. Items like gift vouchers and recipes can be bought online.
Borough Market has two tea shops, one within the market and one on Park Street. These are Bird & Blend Tea Co and Tea2You. Tea2You specialises in fine teas from India and Nepal bringing customers the finest and rarest of Darjeeling and Assam varieties. They have a shop in the main market but now also have a standalone shop on Southwark Street.
Bird & Blend Tea Co shop on Park Street is a standalone shop of not just teas but you can find everything lovers would love for their kitchen accessories.
Everything from mugs, tea caddies, tea bottles, tea infusers, in including teas in a wide range and variety. Bird & Blend Tea Co is essentially a tea lover’s dream. They have mulled cider tea, Irish Cream tea, Chai tea, and many more.
If you are looking for gifts to take back to loved ones to remind your of your visit to Borough Market, this you be one of your stops to Borough Market.
Also note that if you are getting gifts for someone who lives in London or will be visiting London, Bird & Blend also do Tea Blending workshops.
The perfect unique gift where you or your loved one can learn all about different teas & blending herbs, how they are made, best enjoyed & their health benefits. Before you leave you will also create your own tea blends to take home with you. All at £40 which is not but at all!
If you are a lover of great coffee then a stop at The Columbian Coffee Company and Monmouth Coffee Company shops are a must! Both of these need no major introduction as they have both become revered names in British coffee and cafe culture.
Both companies import a wide variety of single-origin coffee beans from farms, estates and cooperatives around the coffee-growing world.
The coffee is bought directly from farmers at a fair price. The coffee is then skilfully roasted locally in nearby Bermondsey.
Coffee is available to buy as whole or ground beans, while the cafe serves single-cone filter coffee and espresso-based drinks.
Chocolates And Sweets
If like me you have yourself a sweet tooth then you will love the options of sweet gifts from Borough Market. You have
- So Chocolicious – tried and tasted, these chocolates are simply delicious! They sell the chocolate treats by weight too.
- Whirld – If you love fudge then this is the stall for you. They have blocks of fudge in sea salt caramel, Belgian milk chocolate, fruit and spice, clotted cream, black forest gateau and so many other delicious varieties.
- Hotel Chocolat at Rabot – a UK household name, this British chocolate manufacturer produces amazing chocolates. You can get bars for as little as £3.95. They also have gift boxes but you can also create your own by mixing and matching different chocolates.
- Maggio’s Confectionery – specialises in nuts encased in crunchy sugar or chocolate coatings. They have a variety of flavours, we guarantee you will not leave the stall without a handful of sweet treats for you or your loved ones.
Whether you love white, red, rose wine, there are plenty of regions represented at Borough Market. Check out Bedales wine merchants in Borough Market who also has a terrace bar we featured in our list of wine bars in Borough Market.
If you would like to get a bottle or box of wine as a gift in Borough Market then you have a choice of places to get it. See below for wine shops in Borough Market.
- Borough Wines – selling wines from France and beyond.
- Bedales – wine bar and shop.
- Cartwright Brothers Vintners Ltd – family-run wine merchants.
- Bianca Mora – has a small selection of Italian wines.
- Le Marche du Quartier – carry a small selection of French wines.
Whenever I travel I am most likely to come back with teas or spices for when I want to cook with the flavours of the places I have been to. If you want to give your food flavours from places around the world then check out Spice Mountain in Borough Market.
Run by Magali Russie who sources spices from all over the world. You can find everything from Calabrian fennel pollen, to Nepalese peppercorns, Israel’s zatar, to Indian, and Moroccan spices. The whole shop just smells divine! Simply the best place to get gifts for people who love to cook.
Another place offering spices in Borough Market is the Turkish Deli. You will find a wide range of store cupboard essentials, ranging from nuts and dried fruits to spices and borek pastries.
Where do we start when it comes to cheese at Borough Market? There are a lot of brands and types of cheese on offer. We have covered an extensive list of Borough Market cheese. From French, British, Swiss, Italian and many more. They also have vegan cheese too. All very delicious.
You can buy individual blocks or you can opt to make your own Borough Market box of cheeses to include a wide range from the various cheese shops at Borough Market. Prices for cheese varies by region, size, etc. You can expect prices to start from as little as £5. You can also buy a cheese gift box from the market as well as online on the Borough Market website.
Who does love harm and many other cured meat varieties? If you would love to make a little gift hamper with cured meat from around the world head to the following Borough Market shops and stalls.
- Bianca Mora – The stall’s products – many of which are organic, are sourced from a collection of small farms in northern Italy, including red cow Parmigiano-Reggiano and other cheeses, charcuterie, aged balsamic vinegars and vegan organic wine.
- Brindisa – Is one of the country’s best-known importers of high-quality, carefully sourced Spanish food. In addition to their cured meats be sure to check out their hot chorizo and rocket roll at lunchtime served outside the shop.
- Taste of Croatia – Check out their three-year-old prosciutto from the Dalmatian city of Sibenik.
- De Calabria – Cured meats include soppressata, the region’s most popular salami, and nduja, a spreadable salami made using pig’s cheeks, lard, belly and some lively spicing.
- The Parma Ham And Mozzarella – Showcases products from some of the most sustainable food producers in Italy to bring high-quality Salume.
- Un Normande a Londres – Offering a wide range of cured meats from Normandy.
- Alpine Deli – The cured meats are made by a family that has been in the business for decades – if not longer – using recipes handed down through generations
There are a variety of oils on offer. You can find flavourful olive oils from Greece, Italy and other countries. To grab yourself a bottle head to De Calabria, Oliveology, or the Olive Oil Co.
The Olive Oil Co imports olive oil and vinegar from all across Italy in particular the region of Puglia which is right at the centre of Italian olive oil production. You can find bottles from as little as £3.65 to as high as £200.
Looking to buy some pasta as a gift or to cook at home. Head to Fresh Flour Co which sells homemade Venezuelan produce or check out La Tua Fresh for the freshest pasta.
So you have made yourself a little hamper with oils, cheese, chocolate, kinds of pasta, and cured meats from the list above. Now its time to finish it off with some kitchen accessories. Head to Borough Kitchen Cook Shop!
The shop sits right on Borough High Street and on the very edge of Borough Market. Here you can find everything from iron skillets, pots, pans, knives, baking tools, pans, and books. Tableware, bar accessories, and tea-making items as well as many other clever kitchen gadgets.
If you love to cook or are looking for the perfect gift for someone that loves to cook you simply cannot miss out on stopping by this shop.
Vinegars Cooking Sauces And Othe Condiments
Check out the shops and stall below for amazing vinegar, cooking sauces, and other kitchen condiments that are perfect gifts for food lovers as well as those that love to cook.
- Bianca Mora
- Fitz Fine Foods
- Condiment Pantry
- The Olive Oil Co
Olives And Antipasti
If you love olives like I do you will be in heaven when you see the selection. You can choose from Turkish, Italian, Greek, Tunisian, and many other countries. From small to big flavourful olives in oil or brine however you like it! Grab a jar of olives, head to the bakeries in Borough Market and get some freshly baked bread, and fine a corner to enjoy! If you are feeling generous grab an extra jar to take home or as a gift.
Borough Market Hampers
Borough Market also has an online store where you can buy many of the items from the market traders but not that the selection doesn’t include everything you can find at the moment so I highly recommend visiting the market itself.
On the website, you can also find the Borough market food hampers which will include a little bit of what I have mentioned above. From olive oil, cured meats, cheeses and olives.
The hampers start from around £26 for a cheese selection box, to indulgent hampers that are £100+ and include wine, cheese, cured meat, truffles, jams, biscuits, and other items.
View this post on Instagram
Borough Market Gift Vouchers
From the online store, you can purchase e-gift vouchers, in multiples of £10 and upwards.
Cooking And Baking Classes
This is among my favourite when it comes to Borough Market gift ideas because I have got it for myself and I have bought it for family and friends. They loved it! I have shared a post on my Borough Market baking workshop class learning how to make Italian bread.
I highly recommend Bread Ahead Bakery school. They also run their workshops in Wembly, Chelsea and Soho so if you know someone who would love to learn to bake Nordic, French, Scandinavian, Eastern European or even British then check out their workshops and either get vouchers or you can go ahead and book a section.
I have shared deals of the session of my niece learning to make the famous Borough Market doughnuts and she simply loved it!