Neals Yard Covent Garden is among the top places visitors to London must include on their London itinerary. Plus there are plenty of cafes in Neal’s Yard Covent Garden for those that want to add a bit of colour to your Instagram feed.
Neal’s Yard is a small alley in London’s Covent Garden between Shorts Gardens and Monmouth Street which opens into a beautiful courtyard.
This little tight spot in London’s Westend is also popular with Londoners as it contains several health-food cafes, healthy and beauty store Neal’s Yard Remedies, Neal’s Yard Dairy, Casanova & daughters and Wild Food Cafe, in addition to salon Hair By Fairy in addition to therapeutic treatment rooms.
Covent Garden is very much a shopping destination in its own rights as much as those that come for things like bottomless brunch, and Covent Garden nightlife. Neal’s Yard is a little gem not to be missed while exploring this beautiful and lively area of London.
Below are Neal’s Yard Covent Garden photos to help illustrate just how beautiful these colourful bricked buildings are in this busy little courtyard. Shop fronts are busked in bright vibrant coloured murals.
Neal’s Yard Covent Garden Cafes and Restaurants
I have shared more on Covent Garden cafes and cool coffee shops to check out but below is a quick recap of places to eat in Neal’s Yard.
- Jacob the Angel is an English Coffeehouse set within Neal’s Yard, a pretty little corner of Covent Garden. Serving freshly baked cakes, pastries, and pies.
- 26 Grains is among favourites for Neal’s Yard Covent Garden breakfast hunters. It does beautiful and creative porridges.
- Native Wild Food Restaurant Covent Garden in London serving British, foraged, game, rare breed, local and seasonal produce.
- Casanova & Daughters is a Sicilian deli and wine bar where you will find delicious and authentic Italian produce.
The restaurant collaborates with small local producers to select and grow the finest Sicilian products.
- Souk Medina is located in next to Native in Neals Yard Covent Garden in the heart of London, serving the best North African cuisine outside Morocco.
- Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels is a French-influenced wine bar & restaurant with an eclectice modern bar, restaurant, and delicatessen with over 400 hand-picked wines.
- Homeslice Neal’s Yard serves classic and creative pizzas and prosecco. It was originally a food stall and now is in permanent Neal’s Yard home.
How to get to Neal’s Yard In Covent Garden
It takes less than 5 minutes to get from Covent Garden underground to Neal’s Yard. From Covent, Garden station is a few meters to Neal Street which leads on to Short Street and from there its only a few meters into Neal’s yard.
I’m visiting London at the end of June (I live in North Yorkshire) and turns out I’m staying a 4 minute walk away from Neal’s Yard at a hotel in Covent Garden – So I’ll definitely be popping in to have a nosy at the restaurants and shops! It’s so pretty. Neal yard Covent Garden is firmly on my list.
Awesome! June is turn out to be really sunny and beautiful so you will definitely enjoy exploring this beautiful part of the Westend.
As a traveler, I have been to London, a quite number of times but I haven’t considered the Neal Yard as place to visit but with this article, I would gladly feed my eyes as I walk through the Convent Garden whenever I visit London again. This is really one of the best places to go in Covent Garden.
Neal’s Yard is one of my favorite spots in London, it has an ambiance that makes me feel as though am really connected to the soul of London. Apart from all that it offers, the pastries and the cakes from Jacob the Angel ’s coffeehouse have always stood out for me and my friends.
Been hearing about Neal’s yard and I always wondered why the hype but right now I see and understand why people are always going on about it. This is splendid, I must admit. I already love the atmosphere even though I have not even been there.
Yes, this lovely and colourful part of London Covent Garden is well worth checking out! Definitely among the cool places to visit in Covent garden
Reading your article has really shown the beauty of Neils yard. I’ve heard about the colorful buildings in London among friend’s but you have shown and described it in such a way that I cannot miss out on the opportunity to visit.
Omg these are absolutely stunning. Neal’s Yard Covent Garden is such a beauty. I’m a first time DIY traveler and hope to visit some of London most beautiful places after reading your blog I 2ill most definitely add this one to my list. Thank ypu
Yes, this colourful part of the city, Neal’s Yard London is well worth checking out when you visit the city. Among other things that brings people here is the homeopathy London Covent Garden market which is also one to check out as well as many other holistic shops London has to offer can be found here.