The city of London is a global epicenter of travel. I have shared a guide on how to get from the airport to central London. Thanks to its convenient location, this sees many transit aviation passengers. With the many millions of travelers and long haul travel involved, this leaves the need for cool lounges to relax in. With that in mind I am sharing a guide below on London Heathrow Airport showers, lounges and other facilities perfect for stress-free flying.
These facilities are available across popular lounges on the Heathrow Airport of London. All these centers are equipped with global standards of comfort and amenities to relish. If you don’t have a membership you can also purchase a day pass for the lounges.
Heathrow Airport has 4 different terminals, starting from T2 to T5 (Terminal 1 is currently closed to make way for the much debated T2 expansion). All these are well connected via free shuttle trains and buses around the airport.
All the terminals offer executive lounges with some located inside the security premises and inaccessible for transit passengers. There are also plenty of Heathrow airport lounges with showers, bars and sleeping areas.
Heathrow Airport Shower Lounges
London Heathrow Airport maintains a global status of the city and backs all the necessities in terms of lounges, shower rooms, and hotels for all travelers. These are paid in most cases, while some only require airline passes.
- Sky Team Lounge: For an economy class traveler, Terminal 4 of Heathrow Airport offers the ever-reliable SkyTeam Lounge. Open from 5 am to 10 pm daily, travelers can get rid of any jet lag with a nice and soothing shower. Other amenities such as free WiFi, Games Room, serving of alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages are available. The lounge is only accessible for departure and transit passengers from the terminal, and 3 hours stay cost 29 Pounds per person.
- Plaza Premium Lounge Heathrow: It is a popular option for travelers at Heathrow Airport. This lounge-chain is present across all terminals of the airport, offering shower options, apart from the paid spa. The reasonably priced lounge charges 40 Pounds for 2 hours and remains open from 5 am to 11 pm daily.
- Club Aspire: Opened in 2016, this lounge in Terminal 3 is among the most popular ones in the airport. Long-transit and travelers can make the most from the paid showers to refresh out of stress for 15 GBP. Other features include temporary rest pods for relaxing a peaceful sleep.
Heathrow Airport Lounges By Airlines
Below are a further number of Heathrow airport shower facilities and additional amenities to relieve stress during a layover, transit or departure.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: For travelers in Economy class, the popular Maple Leaf Lounge boasts 2 different sophisticated centers in the airport. You can wash your jet lag from the private bathroom with shower facilities and enjoy a wonderful complimentary snack with beverages. Located in Terminal 2B inside security, the other 2 locations are near T3 and arrivals. Air Canada travelers need bookings, starting from 375 CAD.
- American Airlines Admiral Club: Crossing the great Atlantic Ocean welcomes you to the capital of the UK. American Airlines’ travelers can rub off the stress of long haul journeys and hit the shower. Indulge your time with snacks and beverages while waiting for your connecting flight or to board. The premium lounge is located on Lounge Area H of Terminal 3 on the departure level. The lounge accepts guests at the door for 59 USD per person.
- Emirates Lounge: Emirates Airlines have global recognition for ferrying cross-continent passengers. The Lounge in Heathrow allows transiting passengers with comfortable facilities like separate showers, a variety of food, and beverages. Visitors can relax in the lounge. This is located at T3, just beside the concourse. Users need to pay a minimum of 100 USD, with packages extending to 200 USD.
- Qantas Club: Australian National Carrier Qantas welcomes long haul-passengers, traveling to Australia, into the popular lounge. You can shower at Heathrow airport in the Qantas club lounge. Once done you can also enjoy the offering of beverages and WiFi facilities. Situated on Terminal 3, visitors can use the lounge from 8 am to 8.30 pm daily. The rates are 540 AUD for Australians and 410 AUD for the rest of the world.
- United Club: Another lounge offering shower facilities at Heathrow airport. Economy class travelers can make the most out of the popular United Club on Terminal 2, near Gate 34. The lounge offers a shower, included in the package. The lounge has a complete setup with WiFi and several beverages at your disposal. The exclusive lounge opens for United passengers on paying 59 USD per person and is open from 5 am to 10 pm daily.
- Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge: Virgin Atlantic Airline’s exclusive Heathrow lounge is marked at Terminal 3 over the landside. The lounge offers a dedicated shower zone and a paid Spa service as well. The lounge is only accessible for Virgin Atlantic Upper-Class passengers and Flying Club Gold holders.
Heathrow Airport Sleeping Pods & Hotels Nearby
I have shared a comprehensive post on hotels within and near Heathrow Airport but below is an additional summary of that. Heathrow International Airport offers a wide range of options for a temporary stay. Hotels and sleeping pods of all convenience are available.
- Sleeping Cabins: Terminal 4 has Yotelair, offering sleeping cabins for a different time basis, right from a limited period to an overnight stay. The cabins start from a minimum of 44 Pounds.
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel: It is one of the popular hotels within the Airport complex located at Terminal 5. With an excellent ambiance and variety, travelers with all budget constraints can spend your time. The hotel offers services such as an attached shower, beauty salon, Spa, and an attached two on-site bars. Prices per night start from 139 GBP.
- Hilton Hotel: One of the luxurious options at Heathrow Airport for staying is at Terminal 4, accessible to the main concourse via the walkway. Visitors can spend quality time in the property and make use of the shower and Day Spa features available.
- Aerotel: This luxurious property in London Heathrow Airport is at Terminal 3, on the ground floor. It boasts over 82 guest rooms with attached showers in each one of them. Available in different rental blocks from 6 to 12 hours and even overnight. The rates start from 64 GBP for Solo plus.
Heathrow WiFi Services
London Heathrow Airport offers an exclusive free of cost WiFi services to all the travelers. It is easy to set up, and users can use them for a considerable amount of time.
Beyond the guide for showers at Heathrow airport above, the airport offers affordable sleeping pods to luxurious hotels and lounges. Plenty of convenient ways to relax, right from taking a shower to experience a comfortable Spa session, visitors are filled with a considerable amount of options.