This time I am showcasing the delight that is Ô Craquelin Pâtisserie in Covent Garden. Beautifully crafted, all hand-made on-site with the very freshest of ingredients.
The micro-patisserie prepares and makes every element of a dessert their kitchen at the Covent Garden store. They don’t use any processed ingredients and prefer to create everything from scratch.
The result is the most colourful collection of desserts that are almost too good to eat but you won’t be able to resist in opening your mouth and just woofing them down.
What Kind of Desserts Does Ô Craquelin Pâtisserie Make?
You will spot the square and heart-shaped petit gateaux, canapé, and choux from the Ô Craquelin Pâtisserie windows. Each is uniquely decorated to perfection. The attention to detail is none like I have seen in a long time.
The desserts are each carefully layered with flavours and textures to create a delightful experience difficult to find in the dessert market today.
There are no quality compromises – most dessert components like pralines, jams or compote are all made from scratch by the team. Wash it all down with speciality tea and coffee or treat yourself to some champagne.
Which desserts or flavours should you try?
Well all of them! Ok, let’s be honest, they are not cheap! If you are looking for luxury desserts in London, this is among the very best of them. The prices for the canapes start from around £3.40 and £7 for the petit gateaux.
Below are the options available in the canapes, choux and petit gateau:
- Paris-Brest – Choux au craquelin, Praline Moussaline and molten hazelnut praline.
- Chouquettes – Pieces of Chouquettes sprinkled with pearl sugar.
- Pistachio canapé – Pistachio cake, pistachio cream and pistachio sable.
- Dulcey canapé – Fudgy Brownie , Dulcey ganache and vanilla biscuit.
- Red Velvet canapé – Red velvet cake, strawberry cream cheese and red velvet biscuit
- Lemon Canapé – Poppy seed cake, passion fruit biscuit, and lemon cream made with fresh lemon juice.
- Matcha canapé – Matcha cake enclosed within white chocolate mousse (Infused with Madagascar vanilla.) with white chocolate sable.
- Caramel Petit Gateau – Caramel mousse, Praline-coffee cake & salted milk chocolate cream
- Chai Petit Gateau – Assam tea mousse, blueberry sponge, pistachio daquoise
- Yuzu Cheesecake Petit Gateau – Cheesecake mousse, yuzu curd, coconut biscuit, almond shortbread
- Chocolate Petit Gateau – 100% Belize chocolate Mousse, 100% Madagascar mocha, and chocolate genoise with cocoa nibs
View this post on Instagram
Firstly I highly recommend checking them out. Secondly, my favourites so far are the Yuzu Cheesecake, lemon canapé, Paris-Brest choux, and the Pistachio canapé. All are absolutely heaven in the mouth. You will not be disappointed. The shop staff are welcoming and friendly.
The quality of dessert and service is consistently good whatever time or day you visit. You can easily compare these desserts to Michelin-started desserts. Delicate tastes and fresh ingredients make these some of the best desserts I have ever tasted.
I found this place by accident while randomly exploring Covent Garden on a photo walk. The exterior is perfect and well suited among the Instagrammable cafes in London. The desserts are just unbelievably perfect, from how they are made, to how they are handed to how they are packed when you have them to go. The
I never get the sickly feeling after eating them, as I do with most desserts that are sweet/too heavy. They have such an amazing combination of flavours and the presentation speaks for itself really: immaculate and made with love.
When I tried here for the first time, I was really shocked desserts could be this good, as I usually prefer savoury/salty foods. I’ve tried almost all of the desserts, and there isn’t a single one that wasn’t excellent.
My personal favourites are: Paris-Breat Choux, caramel petit gateau and pistachio canapé.
What else you should check out while visiting Ô Craquelin Pâtisserie in Covent Garden
Do not leave before trying out their lavender latte, or matcha latte or you can also accompany your dessert with a glass of champagne.
Note that if you are dining in there is 20% VAT charge on the prices shown, much like most cafes. Among the best desserts in Covent Garden, hands down. Loved everything about this place. A gem in central London and probably my favourite place for cakes! Super cute floral decorations outside too!
Who Are Ô Craquelin Patisserie?
The amazing Patisserie that is Ô Craquelin was founded by Indian Chef Ekta Gosain in 2019. Trained at the famous Le Cordon Bleu culinary school, she brings french desserts with a modern and delicious twist to the petit gateaux, canapé and choux. She says the mission for Ô Craquelin is to provide London with unique desserts.
New to the scene in Covent Garden but very much welcome considering the pandemic we all recovering from. Ô Craquelin micro-pâtisserie offers modern, hand-crafted desserts and all made on the day on site.
How To Get To Ô Craquelin Patisserie
Address: 42 Tavistock St, London WC2E 7PB
Located on the corner of Tavistock and Cathrine Street. Easy to find as it’s only a few meters from The Duchess Theatre. You also have Cafe Murano a few doors down.
The nearest station is Covent Garden of course but there are plenty of bus options to get you here.
Things To Do Near Ô Craquelin Patisserie
- Explore other desserts in Covent Garden
- Check out Covent Garden Market
- Explore Covent Garden Vintage Store
- Go and see an exhibition in the many galleries and museums near Covent Garden
- See a show in the many theatres that are dotted around, in particular, the Royal Opera House is just around the corner
- Check out the brunch places in Covent Garden
- See the performers in the square as you bite down on your take away Ô Craquelin Patisserie desserts
- Visit Actors Church